- Sensory engagement: Pick 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, 1 thing you can taste
- Have you listened to Binaural beats?
- Did you listen to the Tibetan singing bowl music?
- Did you listen to drum beats: African drums, Japanese Takao drums?
- Have you eaten 3 nutritious meals a day? E.g. pasta with reach cream sauce.
- Did you do your ‘bellows’ breathing exercise?
- Did you do your meditation?
- Did you go for a walk in the sunshine?
- Did you have a bath with a lot of salt/Epsom salt?
- Go swimming or just float if you have access.
- Did you use aromatherapy oils?
- Think in images stop, words
- Think the same thoughts through in a foreign language.
- Suck lemon, lolly – don’t bite into it.
- Do Reflexology on the soles of your feet and behind the thumb.
- Tug your earlobes and give the edges of your ears a really firm massage.
- Eye movements: Rotate your eyes 9 times: clockwise, anticlockwise, diagonal, horizontal, vertical
- Put your face and/or head in a bucket of cold water and rotate head with eyes open or just wash your face in cold water.
- Write yourself out of the situation and into a happier frame of mind. Your mind follows a movement
- Deliberately make yourself anxious with a formula: Unconscious habits made conscious lose its impact.
- Rub the side of your arms reassuringly.
- Minimize speaking – it accelerates anxiety.
- Do stomach crunches to ease the solar plexus.
- Look at a cookbook and cook a meal – the color, texture, and smell of food move your mind to a better place.
- Engage in an activity that needs attention to detail: origami, clean out a drawer, mop the floor.
- Wear yellow and orange clothes.
- Is your blood-work current on hypothyroid, magnesium, iron and vitamin D?
- Have you been taking your supplements?
- Did you check your ‘gut’ health? E.g. complete elimination and consuming sauerkraut, probiotics, kefir
- Are you drinking lemon juice with ACV, Himalayan salt every morning with warm water on an empty stomach?
- Try going gluten free for a month.