Healthy Chicken Giblets Tadjin/ Soup/Etoufee
- pound or so chicken gizzards, livers and/or hearts (in any combination)
- 1 onion, chopped
- handful of chickpeas
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped ( You can add any kind of vegetables )
- bay leaves
- spices of your choice
- red chili pepper powder/flakes
- garlic, diced
- tomato , diced
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- In a pan, saute the onion for about 8 minutes until onions start to turn golden brown. Raise heat to medium high and add garlic, carrots, and potato. Saute for 2 minutes more then add salt, spices and red chili flakes/ powder.
- Stir in tomatoes and let them brown slightly on the bottom by letting them sit for about a minute, Stir in your chicken gizzards, l cook for 5 minutes
- Add in water .Let the mixture come up just to a boil. Try not to let it come up to a rolling boil or else your gizzards will toughen up. Immediately reduce heat to low and cover.
- Let simmer for 2-1/2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Check in periodically to make sure that all the gizzards are submerged and that the mixture is not boiling.
- When the meat is very tender, serve the stew in individual bowls