Lemon Butter Baked Fish Fillet
- 2 Fish Fillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (to grease your baking dish)
Lemon Butter Cream Sauce
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 large lemon (juice and zest – divide zest into 2 equal portions)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Lemon Butter Sauce
- In a small to medium size saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add cream, vinegar, lemon juice, 1/2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning and the first 1/2 portion of lemon zest. Stir to combine, add seasoning (salt & ground white pepper) then allow lemon butter sauce to come to a low simmer. Remove from heat.
Lemon Butter Baked Fillet
- Rinse and pat dry your fillets. Grease a small baking dish (big enough to fit your fillet portions into) with olive oil, butter, or non-stick cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Pour enough of the lemon butter sauce to cover the bottom of your baking dish, then arrange your fillets into the baking dish on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning and lemon zest, then season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Leave uncovered and bake (depending on the thickness of your fillets). Our thickest fillet cooked in 20 minutes. If you are using thin Fillet portions, cook for 12-15 minutes and check the center of your largest portion. The Fish fillet should be white and flaky when done. Serve immediately with rice and remaining lemon butter sauce.