Makfoul with vegetables
- vegetables of your choice ( onion, carrots, courgette, potato and green peas)
- olive oil
- couscoussier ( pot plus a steamer basket)
- half of table spoon ground sweet red pepper
- Bring about an inch of water to a boil in the bottom of a pot into which your steamer basket. Put tall chopped vegetables in steamer basket. Add some salt and ground pepper. Set over the boiling water, cover, and steam until tender to the bite, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous: Place couscous in a large bowl. Add in some water and salt to taste. Let it set for 3 minutes till the couscous absorbs the water. Transfer the couscous into a flat plate and let it dry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the couscous to the steamer basket over the vegetables. Steam for 2 minutes .
- Empty the couscous along with the vegetables in the large plate, and gently break the couscous grains with a fork .Add olive oil, and continue fluffing the couscous to avoid any plumps