Be on top of everything and put yourself on a schedule
Everyone wants to be efficient and productive. However, when you are a mother that also works and has a house to take care of your life depends on it. What does being productive mean? It means to do things the best and easiest way possible, with the least possible effort. To me personally, it is putting a to-do list and organizing my whole house and work on a schedule. I even schedule my date nights, my me time, and all the other million things I do. I have a one-year-old son, two part-time jobs, studying, a house, trying to open up a business and a husband. I will show you two days of how I lay out then tell you special things I do on the rest of the days of the week so you can use it as a template for your own life. I make sure my whole house and I wake up every day at the same time early in the morning at 8. I also make sure that the whole house also goes to sleep at the same time every day even weekends. I usually divide my day into 4 sessions. Session 1 from 8am-12pm, session 2 from noon until 4pm, session 3 from 4pm – 8pm and session 4 from 8pm till 12 am. Each session starts usually with a meal followed by a task and ending with some rest time. I try to keep my schedule into sessions for if I laid out my schedule hourly and I did not finish the tasks it would drive me crazy.
- Cook for the week and freeze what I can, I try to make about 4 meals that have some of the same components as to save time, my son at this time usually watches me as I explain to him what I’m doing and he gets to taste the different ingredients that I’m cooking with. When I am done, I head for the shower.
- My son takes a noon nap while I organize my week and schedule things.
- My husband plays with my son while I get ready to leave the house to my parent’s house
- Grab a cup of coffee and something sweet and enjoy the ride to my parents’ house.
- Let my son play in the park with my parents.
- Dinner time
- Get ready to go home and put my son to sleep
- Once my son is asleep on Saturday I work, or study depends on what I need to catch up on
- Sit with my husband before we go to sleep
- Breakfast & shower
- Breakfast with my son
- Go to work
- Still, at work, son has lunch and has nap
- Still, at work, son goes to his aunt’s house
- Go home and take my son out
- Come back have dinner and prepare my son to sleep
- Once my son is asleep it is date night with my husband ( either we go out or we do reading night or we have dinner and watch a movie or some days just relax and talk )
In the morning I go to playgroup or take my son out, as for the evenings I play with my son and then I work or study
In the morning I go to playgroup or take my son out, as for the evenings I take my son to the park and then I have another date night
I go to work and then when I go home I take my son out and then at night I work or study
In the morning, I go to a playgroup, in the afternoon, I go to my in-laws at night I have a girl’s night out.
In the morning family breakfast, in the afternoon family lunch and then family outing.
Even when you are on a schedule, do not be too hard on yourself. Try to be organized but enjoy life as much as possible.