Turkish Mantı (Dumplings) – The Easiest Way
Mantı is Turkish version dumplings. This recipe was carried along the Silk Road to Anatolia by Turkic-Mongol people. Making mantı is a time consuming and not an easy dish. For quick easy mantı meal I use supermarket ready-made mantı packages; obviously freshly homemade is the best and worthwhile. For the easy way to make mantı we need:
- 1 Ready-made mantı package (500 gr)
- 1 cup of yogurt (500 gr)
- 4 minced Garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste (Salça)
- 1 pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and put red pepper paste (Salça) and flakes in a small cooking pan over low heat just until the peppers have started to mix with the melted butter. Once the oil takes on red tint from the pepper remove from the heat and keep it warm.
- Once cooked drain the water and divide the mantı into 4 plates. Spoon the yogurt sauce over the mantı and drizzle each serving with the hot pepper oil.