- Two eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- flour mixed with 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- In a stand mixer, mix the eggs and sugar on medium speed until blended. Switch the machine to low, and add the oil and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture gradually and mix until blended
- Using a spatula, give the mixture a final stir to be sure that everything is incorporated from the bottom of the bowl and well blended. Scoop out roughly half the dough and place it in a rough log shape lengthwise on the cookie sheet, leaving enough room next to it for the second log of dough. Dampen your hands and quickly shape the dough into a long, thin log, about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Brush the top of the log with a mixture of one egg yolk and coffee to give it a golden look
- Place the logs of biscotti in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- cut and serve