New Year’s Resolution of 2020

New Year’s Resolution of 2020

Written By: Inspire

Happy New Year!

In a blink of an eye, another decade has gone and we are here in 2020. We often feel we need to make resolutions every New Year because that is what has been done generation after generation. Although we may feel sincere when making them, very often, we do not hold ourselves accountable for any of them. We need to hold ourselves accountable.

My resolution goal is to do more that challenges me and to become a better person for it –

i.e. to become resilient.

I believe this resolution is crucial and will help me accept what challenges me. Resilience is the ability to recover quickly from difficulties. And without difficulties, one can never develop resilience.

In my opinion, developing resilience is the key to living life as our best selves. Developing resilience helps us not to give up when everything is going wrong and problems come knocking at the door. Resilience is what gets us back up on our feet when all we want to do is lay down and cry. It is consistently enduring without giving up. It is resisting the pressure and stress of our problems — resistance + time = strength.

Proof of our resilience and the goodness that lies in our humanity is to give money when we don’t have enough for ourselves, to give love after we have been hurt and heartbroken, to forgive those who are not aware or sorry for what they have done or the amount of damage it caused us, and to have compassion and empathy for people even though we haven’t felt the depth of their pain or undergone their experiences. journal~souladvisor

So, in short, my goal is to become a better person regardless of my circumstances.

One quote that is dear to me is,

“Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.”

– Benjamin Franklin

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.